Wednesday, April 3, 2013

All in the Details

After checking out Flatstock, the screen printed poster showcase at SXSW, I left with a handful of business cards from graphic designers and illustrators. As well as a screen printed poster of a Death Star Disco Ball (of course).
It got me brainstorming about ideas for my own business cards. While I love simple and well-designed logos on cards, I knew I wanted my cards to simply communicate what I love to do. Which is draw and paint fashionable things. 
Above are a few paintings I did from details of RTW runway shots. So far I have Burberry, Alexander McQueen, Valentino, and Badgley Mischka. I'm aiming to have a painting on one side of my card and my contact information on the other. I'd like 3 sets of cards, 1 of each painting. Right now I'm only satisfied with the Burberry and McQueen, so I guess I'll keep painting until I come up with a third one I love enough to use...

8 comments:

  1. Your Textures are phenomenal! I can't wait to see what your actual business card will look like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd check out moo.com for your business cards if you haven't picked someone yet. The print quality seems to be nicer than other cheap places and they allow you to do prints with multiple different designs. Sounds like that is perfect to show off a few of your illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heavens! That Burberry one is PERFECTION! I would buy a poster of that, haha :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's the name of the Death Star disco ball artist?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love your female figures. They have nice curves, your coloring and panting style is wonderful and dynamic and I think, you've got yourself another excited reader!^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love your amazing artwork! I wish I had your talents!! I'm taking up painting soon, so one day, I hope I'll paint like you!

    spiffyinspired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This kind of posts are always inspiring and i prefer to read quality content so i am happy to find out many point here in the post, writing is simply great, thanks for the post... by OPS 571 Final Exam material provider

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach